Sunday 2 July 2017

New Blogs February/July 2017

Goodness. Has it really been six months since I last did a round-up? Yes, it has. I wish it could be put down to me being busy with too much politics, but unfortunately it comes down to a dearth of new blogs appearing in sufficient numbers. What was once ten-a-penny are as fleeting as a principle in a Liberal Democrat meeting. Shall we see what we have?

James Bloodworth (Labour) (Twitter)

More Follows (Labour)

Political Provocateur (Labour)

The Jeremy Corbyn Effect (Labour) (Twitter)

Politics Means Politics (Unaligned/Feminist) (Twitter)

Ungagged! (Unaligned) (Twitter)

Spectrum Politics (Labour)

Unobserved (Unaligned) (Twitter)

I am not kidding when I say the original list was double this size, but they had gone into the night in the interval between now and the last post. Independent blogging might be on the slide (though, you'll be pleased to learn All That Is Solid is forever) but comment definitely isn't. Instagram, Facebook, WhatsApp, more people are talking politics online than ever before - a veritable golden age of sorts, albeit tucked away in semi-exclusive networks.

If you know of any new(ish) blogs that haven't featured before then drop me a line via the comments, email, Facebook, or Twitter. Please note I'm looking for blogs that have started within the last 12 months. The new blog round up appears on the first Sunday of the month, usually.

3 comments:

Mike Shaughnessy said...

I don't think you can really say blogs are in retreat, they have made the news in MSM in the election. For my part my part, I use facebook to promote to my audience, which continues to grow.

Phil said...

By that Mike, I mean in the sense they're not being founded and maintained anywhere near the level of regularity than it was. I used to do round ups monthly that had approximately twice as many as listed above.

Unknown said...

http://www.thejeremycorbyneffect.com/jeremycorbyn/the-curious-case-of-tory-slurs-against-jeremy-corbyn-and-young-people